Affordable Care Act Marketplace Plans
The Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare, is a federal law. It is designed to provide more Americans with affordable health insurance. It requires most Americans to have insurance coverage and puts an end to denying insurance based on pre-existing conditions.
How It Works
The ACA extends health insurance coverage to millions of Americans through existing programs and the private insurance market. It expands eligibility for Medicaid, makes private insurance more affordable by helping to pay part of the insurance premium, and allows children to stay on their parents’ private insurance plans until age 26.
Church Health can help you determine if an ACA plan is best for you and your family. We can even help you enroll during open enrollment (Nov. 1 – January 31). For more information or to schedule your appointment, call 901-272-7526. You may also schedule your appointment by clicking here.
More about the Enrollment Assistance Appointments
All enrollment appointments will take place at:
Church Health Wellness
1115 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Please bring the following information to your appointment:
- Social Security numbers and birth dates for everyone in your household applying for insurance.
- Current employer and income information (i.e., pay stubs or W-2 forms) for every member of your household.
- Your best estimate of what your income will be in 2017.
- Policy information for any current health insurance plans covering members of your household or any coverage you had in 2016.
- For immigrant families: Bring documentation showing that you are lawfully present in the U.S. for each member of the family seeking health insurance. Examples include permanent resident card, proof of refugee or asylum status, certificate of naturalization, etc.
- If you already have a HealthCare.gov account, please bring your username and password. This will speed up your enrollment process..
- If you have specific doctors and medications you need covered, please bring a list with full names of doctors and medications..