It’s pretty simple: volunteers are the lifeblood of Church Health. We’re able to serve our community because of volunteer healthcare providers, administrative specialists, greeters and even gardeners! It’s because of the commitment of our volunteers that our ministry can continue to serve those most in-need and help us promote healthy bodies and spirits for all.
Ways You Can Help
Because of the variety of services provided by Church Health, we’re fortunate to offer many opportunities for you or your group to volunteer with us.
In order to make sure you get the most out of your experience, we ask you to consider the level of commitment you are available to make to serving with us as well as the types of opportunities we have available within our various programs.
- Individuals – Any individual who wishes to volunteer is asked to commit to at least six months of service with us. How frequently you come or how many hours you work during each visit will be determined by both your availability and the needs of the position.
- Groups – Groups are welcomed to volunteer with us! Coworkers, parishioners, social groups and even student groups can do a lot to make a difference at Church Health.
- Event/Project Volunteers – Event volunteers serve during specific Church Health events or fundraisers on a one-time basis. We always need volunteer help during events like Rock for Love and the Clergy Conference or during our annual Christmas Cards campaign.
- Church Health Ambassadors – If you love Church Health and want to help us promote our services to the community, we have the perfect spot for you as a Church Health Ambassador. As an Ambassador, you can engage with the community at health fairs, community events, Church Health events and even in our own facilities – including our new home at Crosstown Concourse!
- Interns – Church Health offers a variety of internship experiences that can help you grow both personally and professionally. More information for interns is available here.
If you have reviewed the levels of commitment listed above and the positions we currently have available and are excited to be a part of the mission of Church Health, we invite you to complete the appropriate volunteer application and make plans to attend an upcoming Volunteer Orientation. Volunteer Orientations are generally held the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m., and all individual volunteers must complete orientation before their first volunteer visit.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator via email or call 901-701-2108.